Yahoo mail login|yahoo mail sign in: if you are searching for best free email provider then Yahoo mail is the best choice for you. Yahoo mail is the best free email service provider offered by the American company Yahoo. Yahoo mail lunched in 1997 and it gained over 281 million users worldwide as of December 2011. Currently yahoo mail is the second largest web-based e-mail service. Like gmail.com www.yahoomail.com is very popular email service that people frequently use. Anyone can access yahoo mail email service from any corner of the world. Yahoomail gives you best security to protect your account and account information from the hacker world.
www.yahoomail.com provides two types of account free and business account. If you want to use a yahoo mail for personal use only then select free account type but if you want to use yahoo mail account for business purposes then select business account. Now see all detail about on www.yahoomail.com.
At first learn some terms which are very important for using yahoo mail
Yahoo – Yahoo is the name of the website that your account will be set up in. To get to your e-mail, you will always need to start at the Yahoo website at www.yahoo.com
Yahoo! ID – This is your sign-in name or the first part of your e-mail address. You will make up your own ID when you create an account with Yahoo. You will always need to use this ID when entering your e-mail account.
Password – This is your personal code or secret word that you will need to type in along with your Yahoo! ID to enter your e-mail account. You will make up your own password when you create your e-mail account.
e-mail address – An e-mail address is a person’s “mailbox”, similar to a home address or phone number. Your e-mail address with Yahoo will be your Yahoo! ID plus the @ symbol and yahoo.com Ex. email@example.com
Inbox – This is where the new messages you receive are collected. Click on this to view a list of your new mail.
Addresses – This function allows you to keep an e-mail address book. Click on “Addresses” to start a collection of e-mail addresses that you send to regularly.
Compose – Click on this to write an e-mail. When you click here you will be taken to the “Compose” screen where you will enter the address of the person you are sending to and the text of the e-mail.
Folders – Folders are the way Yahoo catalogs and stores your e-mails. Click on “Folders” to view a list of the ones that automatically come with your e-mail account (inbox, draft, sent, trash). Click on “Create New” to create and name a new folder.
- Email storage capacity: 1 TB
- Email attachment limit: 25 MB (up to 100 MB via the built-in ‘Attach Large Files’ app)
- Account expiry on inactivity: 6 months plus 2 months for each year the account held active. The account can be retrieved but all stored data, such as emails, are lost.
- Supported protocols: POP3 in Asia or via YPOPs!, IMAP via IMAP proxy or via Zimbra, SMTP, Mail
- Forwarding in some countries. US Users gained free POP3 and Forwarding access in 2013.
- 100 filters to automatically sort incoming messages (200 filters for the Plus version)
- Spam and virus protection. (See: DomainKeys)
- Advertising is displayed on the screen while working with the email account. Text ads are added to the footer of outgoing messages, as of February 2011.
Features of Business version
- To getting Business account you must to pay $25 set-up fee and $9.99 monthly fee.
- Yahoo Business email contain a combination of email services with 10 distinct accounts.
- Additionally, a user can pay $35 per year to have up to five custom email addresses and a domain name.
- 10 email quota.
- Unlimited mail storage
Features of yahoo e-mail:
- 25 megabytes of email storage
- 10 megabyte message size limit
- Up to 10 attachments per email
- POP Access and Forwarding
- Archiving of email messages for offline access
- Ability to send messages from Yahoo! Mail using other email domains
- 200 blocked addresses and 50 filters to help screen unsolicited emails
- No promotional taglines in messages
- No account expiration
Yahoo Mail Sign in/Yahoo Mail login
How to create yahoomail account at free
- Open your browser, and then select the address bar.
- Now type in yahoo.com/mail and hit enter. This will load the Yahoo! Mail page.
- Once you are on the Yahoo! page, you will need to create a user account. Click the Create New Account
- This will take you to the Registration form where asked your person details like first and last name, yahoo id, password, mobile number etc. Write your yahoo id which related to your name, after this choose domain which you consider to be best yahoo.com, Check your ID availability, change if anyone have already your choosen ID.
- Then Choose a strong password.
- Be sure to use a SECURE password. Use a few capital letters and a few numbers. Try not to use obvious passwords such as ‘password’ or ‘12345’ or a family member’s name.
- Make sure you write down your log in name and password!
- Now input a mobile phone number and date of birth.
- Then select your gender.
- Now read yahoo terms and privacy if you want then Click on create account option to create account.
- To complete your account you must to complete the verification steps.
- On next page it will ask for a captcha code write it correctly, then click submit code.
- After that, you will see a text massage that your account has been successfully created.
- Now you have a Yahoomail! account.
How to log in/ sign in with your User ID & Password in Yahoo E-Mail
- To sign in to your account, open your browser and go to yahoo.com/email.
- On the right side of the screen you will see two white boxes labeled Yahoo! ID and Password.
- The Yahoomail! ID is the username that youmade when you created the account. Left–‐click in the Yahoo! ID box and type in your username.
- The Password is the same as the password that you made when you created the account. Left click in the Password box and type in your password.
- Left–‐click the Sign In This will load your Yahoo! Mail account.
How to Send an E-Mail
Of course, you use Yahoo! Mail so you can send and receive email messages—and these basic tasks are easy to do. This page shows you how easy it is to send a message. When you’re ready for more information, such as sending a message to a group of people, take a look at the Composing and Sending Email Messages tutorial.
- Open Yahoo Mail.
- Click the Compose.
- The Compose page opens.
- In the To box, type the email address of the person you want to send the message to.
- In the Subject box, type the subject of the message—a few words to give the recipient an idea of what the message is about.
- In the large box under the tools, type the text of the message.
- When you finish writing and addressing your message, click the Send
- Yahoo! Mail sends the message.
Enabling POP Access
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon | select Settings. – The “Settings” window opens.
- Click Accounts.
- At the right of “Yahoo Account,” click Edit. – A window with additional account settings opens.
- To the right of “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere,” select POP.
- Select your POP option from the drop-down menu:
- Don’t download spam email – Only delivers your Inbox messages, not your Spam.
- Download spam with no special indicators – Delivers Inbox and Spam messages with no visible “Spam” indicator.
- Download spam, but prefix the word “Spam” – Delivers Inbox and Spam messages. Spam messages contain “Spam” in the subject line.
- Click Save.
How to Set Up Your Address Book
- Click on the “Addresses”
- Click on “Add a New Contact”.
- Fill in the information (only the Name and Email fields are required).
- Click on “Save Contact”.
- Click on “Done” when taken to the next screen.
To move an e-mail to another folder:
- At first go to in your inbox.
- Then click in the little white box next to the message you want to move. Then click on the arrow next to “Move to Folder” and select the folder you want to move the message to.
- Then click on the “OK” button. If you have not created any new folders, you can click on the “New Folder” option and make one.
How to access Yahoo Mail from your mobile/smartphone/tablet?
- At first go to the url: http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
- Now you will able to see two option one is “Text me a link” and another is “Email me a link”. Choose any of them and get the link.
- You will receive a message on your mobile if you choose text me a link option or you will receive a mail if you choose email me a link option.
- Open the message, click on the link.
- Sign-in to your Yahoo Mail account
Yahoomail also provides yahoo mail app for android and iOS platform. Here is the link:
Opening and Saving Attachments
- Open the email message with the attachment.
- Now here you will be able to see two options with this attachment one is view this file at html format another is scan and save the file.
- If you want to save the file then choose scan and save option.
That’s it; I hope we are maintaining all topics which are impertinent for using yahoo mail. I hope this article is very clear for you. if you have any quarry then leave a comment or contact us.